Rescheduled to Monday January 3rd. A Statement from Athenry AC…
When I wrote up a news item describing our plans to try to cope with the bad weather, the long range forecast suggested a thaw would start on Christmas eve.
It now appears that that thaw won’t start until the morning of Dec 26th.
Given the state of the race route at the moment, it will take at least 48 hours of a good thaw to make the whole route safe.
For that we reason we have postponed to our new date of Bank Holiday Monday, Jan 3rd, 11:00am.
Your race entry is automatically valid for the new date – you do not need to do anything.
Keep an eye on our website for continued updates.
If you can’t make the new date, we’ll happily defer your entry to next year’s [Dec 2011] event.
Just drop us an email to [email protected], and we’ll look after that.
[Deferral requests should be received by Jan 2nd in order to be processed].
We apologise for any inconvenience.
On behalf of Athenry AC
Alan Burke, Race Director
Keep up to date on this race at www.athenryac.com