Check out our race-weekend checklist to help you avoid any last-minute disasters and get prepared and focused for the starting line this Sunday, October 27th.
And let’s face it everyone knows a runner that has forgotten something and to only discovered the morning of the race in their hotel room far away from home is not ideal. Don’t be that person that forgets their lucky shorts or even worse. Runners.
Have a read of the checklist below, create your own list relevant to you and dodge the pitfalls by planning ahead.
- Race confirmation
- Directions to race and number pick-up
- Vaseline or other anti-chafing lubricants
- Suncream and Lip balm with SPF
- Safety pins
- Water bottle
- Course Map
- Cash/credit cards
- Toilet paper or tissues
- Gloves/arm warmers
- SmartWatch or GPS
- Gels or sports drink if you’ve been training with them
- Shorts/tights for the race, as weather dictates
- Throwaway top or plastic bag!
- Runners/ socks
- Short/ long-sleeved shirt for race, weather permitting
- Sports bra
- Belt bag if required and use to running with one
- Extra socks
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Pain killers
- Extra shirt and shorts/pants
- Waterproof jacket
Prepare for any weather, regardless of what the forecasters predict. You’ve worked too long and hard for this race to let something minor distract you from your end goal.