from AAI website – National Congress 2008
– Passing of Frank Fagan, Dunboyne AC
– Vacancies At Athletics Ireland National Congress 2008
The closing date for submissions of motions and nominations from County Boards and Provinces in respect of the 2008 Congress is the coming Friday, February 29th. We wish to remind you that all such motions and nominations are required to have been received and logged by the Secretary to the Standing Orders Committee by close of business (5pm) on Friday the 29th
Passing of Frank Fagan, Dunboyne AC
The members of Dunboyne Athletic Club, and all involved in Athletics in Ireland, are in shock at the passing of Mr. Frank Fagan on Sunday 24/2/08 while training at the track. Frank, a 30 year veteran of the club, was a much loved and respected member of the club.
Dunboyne Athletics Club and St. Paul’s GFC will assemble for a Guard of Honour at 10.45am on the Summerhill Road 300m from the town center.
Vacancies At Athletics Ireland
Applications are invited for the positions of CEO and Events Manager
ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND
The Athletics Association of Ireland (AAI) is currently recruiting for two senior positions in its professional organisation.
If you have the requisite experience and are interested, please reply in the first instance by sending your CV to the following address, no later than March 14th, 2008 , indicating which role you are interested in pursuing.
CEO Athletics Ireland:
The CEO will report to the President and Board of the AAI and will work with the Board, staff and key volunteers on a day to day basis.
The CEO is responsible for the operational management of the Association. This includes
– Management and leadership of all staff
– Establishment and delivery of annual operating plans in line with implementation of the strategic plan and policies of the Board and sub-committees.
– Working with the Board in setting and efficiently managing budgets
– Ensuring best practise is followed in all areas
– Compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
The CEO is also responsible for implementing the governance of the Association. This includes
– Optimisation of the short and long-term financial position of the Association
– Development of transparent processes and reporting mechanisms around all key operations of the Association
The ideal candidate should demonstrate competence and experience in the following areas:
– Managing vision and purpose
– Leadership and interpersonal skills
– Ability to develop and deliver commercial programmes
– Knowledge of athletics
– Familiarity with IT systems
– Creation and management of budgets and operating plans in medium size businesses
– Interaction with senior management in commercial and state organisations
The Events Manager will report to the CEO of Athletics Ireland. The role involves the following activities:
– Delivery of the commercial and promotional activities of the Association
– Achievement of commercial revenue targets
– Promotion and management of flagship events staged by the Association
– Delivery of the public relations strategy through the appropriate media
– Effective management of all association budgets
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies and experience:
– Event management skills
– Media and personal communications skills
– Successful engagement with commercial organisations resulting in the generation of significant sponsorship
– Track record of successfully promoting athletics through the media
– Effective budget management skills
– Passion and commitment to the sport of athletics