Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Reign of Terror
Oct 13 at 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Reign of Terror is Ireland’s premier Obstacle Course Race and is set in the historic setting of medieval Kells, Co. Kilkenny. The event will take place on Saturday 13th October.
The terrain in Kells is tough, muddy, hilly and marshy with numerous natural obstacles and river crossings that makes the event very challenging, yet ideal for team bonding and group entries. The event is an excellent event for spectators with participants visible as they complete the challenging course so bring your friends and family to cheer you on.
You select either 5km or 10 km race option.
You select your own starting wave (waves every 8 mins between 9 am and 1 pm), from waves showing available spaces. Friends that enter at a later date cannot be guaranteed places in the same wave so best to enter together to ensure you all start in the same wave and get group discount. Numbers Limited on first come basis, No late or On the day entries.
Groups Info –
If you are entering a group then you will be offered only the waves that currently have space to accommodate your group. You need 4 to start a group but after that additional people can book under your group name and pay individually at group discount rates applicable at time of booking. If you need assistance with a group booking email [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where doe the event take place?
Kells Village, Co Kilkenny
What time does it start?
The First Wave will start at 9 am. With a waves are 8 minutes until 1pm.
What Wave am I in?
You / your team will need to book your preferred wave time subject to availability at time of booking.
What time should we arrive?
You must register at the Resoruce Centre in the centre of the village of Kells approx 30 minutes before your selected wave time on the day of the event and collect your Race Band. All participants are required to sign our waiver and confirm they understand the terms & conditions.
Is there a warm up?
Each Wave will be called to the Warm up area 15 minutes before their start time.
How fit do I need to be?
Anyone with a reasonable level of fitness should be able to complete the course… just take your time. If an obstacle proves to be too daunting just skip it.
What should I wear?
Shorts/leggings, T-Shirt and old Runners.
What else should I bring?
A full change of clothes is essential and a towel for drying down.
Is there an age limit?
You must be over 16 years old on the day of the event to participate.
Is there food available afterwards?
There sure is. There will be a lots of food options available in Kells after the event.