Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
The Swinford Duathlon
Feb 25 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Humbert Duathlon, Swinford is the fifth in the Ireland West Duathlon Series and is
organised by Swinford Triathlon Club, who for many years have provided triathletes with
the opportunity to participate in one of the best Half Iron Triathlon events in the country.
This year the same organisers have tasked themselves in organising The Humbert Duathlon, and in this regard, you can be assured that we will deliver a top class event which we are confident will be a huge success.
The Humbert Duathlon is set on a flat course and consists of a 5km run, 20km cycle and
3km run and is suitable for all abilities.The start and registration take place at the Amenity Centre, Kiltimagh Road, Swinford from 7.45am to 9.15am on Sunday morning the 25th. There are changing rooms and showers at the Community Centre and ample competitor parking at the front and back of the Amenity Centre.
Run 1 brings competitors out the Kiltimagh Road and onto the N5. After approximately 300 metres competitors will turn right onto the Old Dump Road and travel for approximately 400 meters. They will then exit onto the Old Castlebar Road and return to transition.
The cycle is set over a flat course. On leaving transition, competitors will travel onto the Old Castlebar Road and after approximately 2km, turn right onto the Meelick Road and down to Oldcastle and back onto the N5 at Bohola. From Bohola the competitors will travel towards Swinford on the hard shoulder of the N5 and on reaching the 20km mark, turn right onto the Kiltimagh Road and back to Transition.
This will consist of a 3km run which is off-road and will bring competitors around the perimeter of Swinford Golf Club. This route is relatively flat but nonetheless, it provides variety and will provide an interesting finish.
Prizes will take place afterwards in the Amenity Park. Time to be confirmed at a later date.
Please note that as this is a Triathlon Ireland sanctioned race, you will require a Race Licence or a Day Licence.